Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's 11:39pm on a Sunday night and I need to be up at 6am tomorrow for my first day of Inorganic Chemistry for Summer Session at Berkeley City College. Bah. I popped half a Benadryl an hour ago to quicken the arrival of sweet, sweet slumber, but my body seems immune. Blast. Instead, I shall blog about what I had to eat today ... because it was chock full of nutrients and I cannot get the smoothie out of my mind. No pics this time, but next time-- I promise to deliver.

10:30am: A juicy peach and 1/2 cup of granola.

1pm: 1/2 cup of oatmeal and barley, cooked with a handful of goji berries and chopped almonds, and a teaspoon of coconut oil.

1:30pm: The best smoothie I have ever had in my life.. and I make my own smoothies all the time. 1/4 cup of frozen pineapple, 1/5 cup of fresh mint leaves, 3/4 large banana, 1/2 cup of vanilla soymilk. Insanely delicious. The mint really helps add that fresh kick.

3pm: 2 cups of sauteed spinach (using a generous dash of grapeseed oil), with garlic and onions. Ate a few cherries to satisfy my sweet craving.

3:30pm: Brewed a cup of tea with dried rose leaves and a little bit of vanilla bean. Added fresh mint leaves.

6pm: 1/2 container of blueberries. Handful of granola.

7pm: Father's Day Dinner! Soaked chopped chicken breast in milk to tenderize for a few minutes. Then drained and mixed in garlic, onions, and a little more than 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard. Sauteed. Added over cooked red quinoa. Mixed ingredients with chopped romaine lettuce, red bellpepper, and cucumber. Then ate some spicy Korean chicken with kimchee and brown rice because... must always represent. Brewed a cup of hot barley tea and added mint leaves. Obsessed with mint!

Wonderful nutritious food day-- very content. Will aim (high) for every day to be like this :) Some days are harder than others... but on the good days, I realize how delicious healthy cooking can be and how incredible it can make you feel.

No comments: